Exciting news: ATKV Drakensville is open for bookings
Dear ATKV Guest
It is with great excitement that ATKV management shares this information. ATKV Drakensville is open for bookings. Please contact the resort on 036 438 6287 or book online at https://www.atkvresorts.co.za/book/.
- When we welcome you to the resort, our staff will wear their masks/face shields and sanitise their hands at all times. Guests must please note that rules about wearing masks and sanitising hands will be communicated on arrival. It is of critical importance that these rules are adhered to.
- A guest sanitation station will be erected at the main entrance to the resort, where each visitor has to have their temperature taken and sanitise their hands. A COVID-19 questionnaire will be sent to every visitor (therefore every individual in a family/group) to complete. These questionnaires will be checked and taken in at the main gate on arrival.
- A drive-through reception will be in place as far as possible, so that key packages (keys, disclaimer forms and permits) for fully prepaid bookings can be made available to guests at the main gate, instead of at reception.
- Please note that the main gate times will be amended to 06:00-22:00.
- A distance of at least 1.5 m must be maintained and social distancing will be indicated.
- Due to health risks, cashless transactions will be encouraged (credit/debit cards). All outstanding amounts must be paid 48 hours (weekdays/business days) before arrival.
- Unit cleaning services, apart from before arrival and after departure, are optional and guests can indicate on arrival whether they want to use the cleaning service or would rather prefer that no one enters the specific unit.
- Units will be fumigated with hygienic substances regularly between arrivals, and will be rotated for use, so that the possibility of infection can be decreased and to allow time for the fumigation to be done properly. (A health certificate will be provided by the supplier for every unit.)
Units and camping:
Bookings are limited to an occupation of 50% during the phasing-in period, to maintain social distancing. Camping stands are available as follows: Long-weekend bookings for September 2020 will be honoured, where after it will be limited to an occupation of 50%.
Facilities and activities:
The following facilities will be open:
- Shop: The shop's amended trading hours will be communicated on arrival.
- Koswerf: Only takeaway meals are available. The restaurant's amended trading hours will be communicated on arrival.
- Indoor swimming pool: Sessions of only 90 minutes, maximum 50 people per session and 30 minutes afterwards for disinfection. The responsibility to maintain social distancing in the swimming pool lies with the guests. Please note that the indoor pool's times are being amended to 07:00-21:00.
- Kiosk: Swimming pool kiosk times will be communicated on arrival.
- Outdoor pool next to indoor pool: The outdoor pool will not be heated. The responsibility to maintain social distancing lies with the guests.
- Slide: Limited hours that will be communicated on arrival.
- Minigolf: Only a limited amount of players will be allowed per session.
- Culture tour: Available times will be communicated on arrival.
- Trampolines: Only a limited amount of people are allowed, so that social distancing can be maintained.
The following activities are available and times will be communicated on arrival. Only 10 people are allowed, so that social distancing can be maintained.
i. Climbing wall
ii. Paint target shooting
iii. Airgun shooting
v. Zip lining
vii. Horse rides.
Please note that the following facilities will unfortunately remain closed and will reopen when the prescribed regulations change:
- Monster chess
- Play room
- Squash and volleyball court
- Cold water pool
- Day visitors and visitors for guests will not be allowed.
As we gradually reopen, we would like to remind every guest that every citizen and person is affected by this pandemic in one way or another. Our resorts have been empty and quiet for months now and the staff faithfully stayed at home, as determined by the regulations.
It is our plea that every guest will be patient with the phasing-in period and will take up the responsibility of looking after their own and their family's health, as well as the health of the staff and the other guests, by adhering to the regulations, as set out by management. Please feel free to read more about ATKV Resorts' health and safety protocols: https://www.atkvresorts.co.za/covid-19-protocol/
We appreciate your patience and also your opinion. Even with the "new normal", we will continue to strive to ensure that every guest who visits our resort fully enjoys his/her holiday and absolutely relaxes at ATKV Drakensville. We are awaiting your arrival.